Do you want to be a Refugee Runner and join the super-motivated Vluchtelingenwerk Vlaanderen team in the annual 20 km of Brussels on Sunday May 19? As a Refugee Runner you'll be supporting asylum seekers and refugees.
The challenge is twofold. There is the incredible feat of running 20 km and you'll be raising money for people fleeing war, violence and persecution.
Talk to your friends, colleagues and family and raise a minimum of 50 euros.
How to register
Register and pay your 39 euros registration fee. We'll take care of all the paperwork and submit your details to the Brussels 20K organisation. We'll make sure your participant number and dri-fit shirt will be ready and waiting for you on the big day.
You can register until Sunday April 14.
The Refugee Runners
Members of the Refugee Runners enjoy a number of perks:
- Our Facebook group 'Refugee Runners' will keep you updated with running tips, nutritional advice, etc...
- Registration covers a trendy dri-fit shirt for you to proudly fly the Refugee Runners flag.
- We provide a reception area with changing rooms close to the start, a nibble and drinks for extra energy as well as a much-needed massage afterwards.
- A training with professional coaching in the beautilful surroundings of the Sonian Forest.
- As a Refugee Runner, you'll be able to create your own online sponsoring page, making sure friends and family can easily wire their contribution. The biggest Vluchtelingenwerk fundraiser, wins a special prize.